I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

NEW AUTHOR SERIES: Lena Dowling

Time for a new series, and what an exciting one it is - New Authors!

All the featured authors are from the Romance Writers of Australia or Romance Writers of New Zealand, and have just been or are newly published with the digital imprints of Australian publishing houses like - Random House, Harlequin, Penguin and Pan Macmillan.

This week, please welcome Lena Dowling.

In her previous lives, Lena Dowling has been a lawyer, policy analyst, and an administration manager. While Lena was born and raised in New Zealand, it was during a stint working ‘across the ditch’ in Australia that she took up writing in earnest.

Having found her inspiration in The Lucky Country, Lena writes Australasian themed romances about gutsy, intelligent heroines, and the men who dare to love them.

Lena currently lives in beautiful subtropical Northland, New Zealand, with her own computer-code-writing hero. 

Title - THE CONVICT'S BOUNTY BRIDE (a novella)
Release Date - early March, 2013 
Publisher - Escape Publishing
Call Story - It was an email from Kate Cuthbert , Managing Editor at Escape Publishing that came through mid-afternoon one Sunday, shortly before Xmas. Before I opened it, I could only see the first few words: 'Thank you for submitting to Escape Publishing.'

I had already filled in the next few words in my mind, and the very first word was 'Unfortunately....' But no. After I opened it, I had to re-read the email several time because it continued along the lines of: ' I'm delighted to accept your manuscript for publication.'

I ran outside, all the way fanning my face, trying to keep back the tears while I found my partner who had been working in the garden.

Warnings of impending waves of breaking emotion are always appreciated by my rather stoic real-life-hero so I said: 'I've got something to tell you, but when I do, I'm probably going to cry.'

Actually, I did manage to keep the tears at bay long just enough to tell him. After which he dropped his gardening fork to give me a big hug, followed by a hasty trip inside to see if we had a drop of anything worthy of being opened on such an auspicious occasion!

About your book: 
Hero - James Hunter an ex-convict returned from Australia to London.
Heroine - Lady Dorothea Willers daughter of the Earl of Eastbourne, Chairman of Willers Bank,  and his wife the Countess, who doesn’t so much as social climb as mountaineer and who has high hopes of achieving a suitable marriage for her daughter.
Setting – Regency, London.

THE CONVICT'S BOUNTY BRIDE
Life as a convict in an Australian penal colony was brutal, but James Hunter had the advantages of raw physical strength and courage on his side. He survived, and now he is back; a self-made man of means, determined to take the bride he was promised.
Lady Thea Willers knows nothing of the bargain her father made to save her brother, nor does she have any interest in marriage. It might be a radical idea, but what Thea wants is a career.
The revelation that her brother’s liberty depends on her marrying James Hunter is devastating. But nothing, it seems, has the power to shake Thea’s world upside down like James himself, or the way he makes her feel.

Any upcoming releases?
A contemporary romance novel entitled LEGALLY ADDICTED also being released by Escape Publishing in May 2013.










You can find out more about Lena on her website, or follow her on Facebook or Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment